All-on-4 — Orange Park, FL
Streamlined Full-Arch Tooth Replacement
Dental implants replace the roots of lost teeth. Does that mean, then, that you need a dental implant for each missing tooth? Not necessarily. Thanks to All-on-4 in Orange Park, you may be able to replace an entire arch of teeth with as few as four implants — and the main part of the treatment can be completed in as little as one day! Dr. Nawrocki is proud to offer this streamlined service, and he would be happy to talk with you about whether it is a fit for your circumstances. Contact our office today to learn more.
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
Dental implants in Orange Park are the best type of tooth replacement because they rebuild lost teeth from the roots up. However, the downside to them is that traditional implant treatment can take quite a bit of time — and it requires a very healthy, dense jawbone. All-on-4 is different because the implants are placed in strategic positions at the front and back of the jaw, where the bone is naturally strong and thick. This can eliminate the need for a bone graft. The implants are even able to support a temporary denture on the same day they are placed, so you will not have to wait for months to see your new smile.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
An ideal candidate for All-on-4 treatment:
- Has lost all or most of their teeth throughout a dental arch.
- Has adequate bone density and volume to support dental implants. Most patients meet this criterion, even without a bone graft.
- Has good habits that will support their implants’ long-term success.
- Is in fair health. You should be free of gum disease and other conditions that might adversely affect your implants.
If you aren’t sure if you qualify for All-on-4, schedule a consultation with your implant dentist in Orange Park, Dr. Nawrocki. Even if All-on-4 isn’t a fit for you right now, it may become so after you undergo some preliminary treatments.
What Are the Benefits of All-on-4 Implants?
Here are some of the top benefits of All-on-4 treatment:
- The dentures are permanently fixed in your mouth, so you can treat them almost exactly like natural teeth.
- As a prosthodontist, Dr. Nawrocki is able to design dentures that are extremely natural-looking and natural-feeling.
- All-on-4 dentures provide a strong bite force that can stand up to most foods, including foods that pose a challenge for people with traditional, non-implant dentures.
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent the deterioration that commonly occurs after the natural teeth go missing.
- The streamlined treatment is as efficient as possible.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dental Implants
Some of the key differences between All-on-4 and traditional implants include:
- All-on-4 usually does not require a bone graft, but bone grafts are common with traditional procedures.
- All-on-4 usually requires just one surgery, while traditional implants typically require two or more.
- All-on-4 provides you with replacement teeth right away. Traditional procedures have a waiting period between the implant surgery and the placement of prosthetic teeth.
- Traditional implants are more versatile, able to replace any number of missing teeth. All-on-4 is exclusively for full-arch replacement.
- Traditional implant dentures may require more dental implants. Although this makes for a more invasive procedure, it also provides the highest level of stability for a denture.