No matter how well you care for your teeth with excellent hygiene and preventive care, everyone is vulnerable to tooth decay and injury. If it happens to you, there’s no need to worry — your restorative dentist in Orange Park is Dr. Matthew Nawrocki! In this week’s blog post, he explains the what, why, and how of restorative care. Stick around for everything you need to know about how he and his team can rescue your smile with top quality services and an expert touch.
When Do I Need Restorative Care?
Restorative dentistry is necessary if you have a tooth that has suffered decay, injury, or if it’s been completely lost. We can help you avoid these issues with routine preventive care, but if one of them does pop up, early detection and prompt treatment ensure the issue doesn’t spiral out of control.
The most important thing to remember is if you have a tooth ache or injury, don’t delay seeking professional attention. Dental problems don’t just go away on their own, and a small spot of decay will gradually grow into a big issue that can spread throughout your body. In the worst cases, an infected tooth can spread to the brain. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for help getting out of pain and on with your life with renewed oral health and wellness.
What Are Your Restorative Services?
We offer a full list of treatments for tooth loss, decay, and injury. Depending on your specific case, you may need a tooth-colored filling, a crown or bridge, full or partial dentures, or a tooth extraction.
- Tooth-colored fillings: An alternative to silver, or amalgam fillings, ones made out of natural looking composite resin blend beautifully with your surrounding tooth enamel and also offer a more conservative solution to tooth decay and damage.
- Crown: A dental crown can repair a tooth that has been seriously injured or decayed. It can also replace a single tooth when supported by a dental implant.
- Bridge: For one, two, or several consecutively missing teeth, a bridge provides a highly effective tooth replacement. It can be fixed or removable, depending on your needs and preference.
- Full or partial dentures: Traditional dentures rest on the gums and restore your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. A full denture replaces an entire row of teeth, while a partial fits in with remaining natural teeth.
- Tooth extraction: We try to rescue your teeth whenever possible, but sometimes an extraction is necessary for your continued oral health and wellness.
Will It Hurt?
There’s no reason to fear quality restorative dentistry from an expert team. We take a gentle approach to all treatments, and we’ll never rush you through anything you don’t feel completely comfortable with. We also have modern anesthesia options and offer sedation dentistry as desired. Feel free to sit back and relax on your way to renewed oral health and wellness!
Talk to Us Today!
Your restorative dentist in Orange Park isn’t far away — so don’t put off getting the high quality dental care you need! We invite you to request an appointment with Dr. Nawrocki today.