If you’re more likely to frown than smile when you look in the mirror, is it because you don’t like the way your teeth look? Countless individuals are plagued by flaws like chips, cracks, and discoloration that make them self-conscious about their pearly whites. Fortunately, you’re not doomed to suffer forever with those imperfections. Using porcelain veneers, your cosmetic dentist in Orange Park may be able to makeover your smile and boost your confidence. Let’s talk more about this remarkable treatment.
Veneers — The Basics
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin covers for your teeth that can disguise many flaws, including:
- Teeth that are too small
- Cracks and chips
- Minor misalignment
- Small gaps
Veneers usually just cover the front part of the tooth, but sometimes they may wrap around and cover the chewing surface as well. Although they’re typically applied to the upper front teeth, they may also be used for the bottom front teeth.
How Are Veneers Installed?
Gaining a new smile with porcelain veneers in Orange Park begins with a visit to your dentist. Dr. Nawrocki will examine your teeth and discuss what you would like to accomplish with your cosmetic treatment. If porcelain veneers are right for you, you can expect the process go something like this:
- We’ll prepare your teeth. This involves removing a very thin layer of enamel so the veneers look as natural as possible once they’re applied. We’ll give you a temporary veneer to wear to protect your teeth until your custom ones arrive.
- We’ll take some impressions of your prepared teeth. These will serve as the guide that helps Dr. Nawrocki design your beautiful new smile.
- Once your veneers are ready, you’ll return to our office for a second appointment so the doctor can attach them.
- You’ll see yourself in the mirror and fall in love with your new look!
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers are remarkably durable; they’re able to put up with most of the rigors of everyday life. They’re also resistant to stains, so you can expect them to maintain their luster for a long time. In fact, veneers may last for 15 years or longer before you have to get them replaced. Here are a few tips to help you take care of them and ensure that they serve you well for as long as possible:
- Maintain excellent oral hygiene habits, and visit your dentist at least twice a year for checkups.
- Don’t use tobacco products.
- Use a low-abrasive toothbrush to avoid scratching the veneers.
- Consume coffee, wine, and other dark substances in moderation.
- Don’t bite on anything super hard, like jawbreakers or ice; these things could break the veneers.
Your dentist in Orange Park wants you to have the smile of your dreams! Why not come in and talk to us about porcelain veneers?
About the Dentist
Dr. Matthew Nawrocki is a talented dentist and prosthodontist who takes great pride in helping his patients to achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. If you have questions about any of the cosmetic treatments we offer, please contact us at 904-272-1588.