Implant Dentures — Orange Park, FL
Long-Lasting Full-Arch Tooth Replacement
Extensive tooth loss is a burdensome problem. Not only can it hinder your ability to enjoy a balanced robust diet, but it may also have a negative impact on your self-esteem. Traditional dentures can address these issues to an extent, but they come with their own set of disadvantages. There is a better way to replace a full arch of lost teeth! Dr. Nawrocki often recommends implant dentures in Orange Park. They are superior to traditional forms of tooth replacement in numerous ways. If you would like to find out if they are right for you, contact our team to schedule a consultation.
Why Choose Matthew Nawrocki DMD, MS for Implant Dentures?
- Start to finish dental implant care
- Highly trained, highly experienced prosthodontist
- Attentive and compassionate team
What Are Implant Dentures?
Dental implants in Orange Park are small cylinders made out of titanium that Dr. Nawrocki inserts into the jawbone. They serve as prosthetic tooth roots, and they provide a strong base of support for artificial teeth. Depending on the details of your treatment, you might require just a few dental implants or as many as 4 – 6 to support your implant denture.
There are two main categories of implant dentures:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
Fixed implant dentures are sometimes called hybrid prosthetics or full-arch bridges. They are permanently attached to the implants that anchor them in place. They only come out of the mouth when an implant dentist in Orange Park removes them. Many patients enjoy the convenience of this type of tooth replacement.
Removable Implant Dentures
Removable implant dentures, often called overdentures, are easy for patients to remove by themselves. They are attached to implants by ball sockets or a bar. They usually require fewer prosthetic tooth roots than full-arch bridges.
The Implant Denture Procedure
The implant denture process varies from case to case, but it usually goes something like this:
- You attend a consultation, wherein Dr. Nawrocki will begin to plan your treatment
- You undergo any necessary preliminary procedures
- Nawrocki places the implants in your jawbone
- The implants fuse with the bone around them (a process known as osseointegration)
- Nawrocki designs your denture and attaches it to the implants
From start to finish, the implant denture process may take several months to a year or longer. Although this treatment requires a significant amount of time, you can be confident that the end result is worth it!
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Some common traits of candidates for implant dentures include:
- Adequate bone density for successful osseointegration
- Excellent oral hygiene habits
- Freedom from health conditions that could interfere with their ability to heal well after surgery
- A desire to upgrade from traditional dentures
The majority of adults who have lost all or most of their teeth are candidates for implant dentures, either right away or after some preliminary treatments.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Some of the most noteworthy benefits of implant dentures include:
- They are much more stable and provide a stronger bite force than non-implant dentures
- They prevent the bone loss that is a normal consequence of tooth loss
- When they are designed by a prosthodontist, they can look and feel incredibly natural
- They are easy to care for
- With proper care, dental implants can last for a lifetime, and the teeth on top of them also have a long life expectancy